Frequently Asked Questions
When they turn 15!
Most choose the basic drivers ed course. If more drive time is needed, it can be added later.
The Basic package costs $350 and includes 10 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. The Tiger package costs $595 and includes an additional 4 hours of behind-the wheel instruction, making it a total of 10 hours of classroom and 10 hours of driving.
No! Add a drive test to your account for $40!
Nothing! We do not require any forms of identification.
First: Make an appointment for the "Written Knowledge Exam" to avoid lines, at this website: https://okdpsweb2.cxmflow.com/WebAppt/Wizard/Services
- 2 forms of ID (Birth Certificate or Passport for one of them)
- Physical copy of completed Driver's Ed Student Contract
- Social Security Number
- Parent or Legal Guardian (if under 18)
** Must be at least 15 ½ Years Old
** Service Oklahoma does NOT accept copies
At the Service Oklahoma appointment:
Pass the Vision & Written Test (75%) at the Department of Public Safety.
(If student completes Driver Education before getting a permit; the written test portion of the process will be waived).
*** Now they can drive with a licensed driver 21 or older sitting in the front seat between the hours of 5am-10pm.
1) Be at least 16 years old.
2) Have had a permit for 6 months with no accidents or tickets (or 30 days if over 18)
3) Have driven 50 hours with a permit; 10 of those hours at night.
- (The Affidavit must be Signed and Notarized if under 18).
- If a parent is present, you will not need the affidavit. They will sign in person.
4) Have Completed Driver Training Program and have Certificate of Completion
5) Pass the Driving Test (75%).
*** Now they can drive by themselves and have 1 friend in the car or have as many family members living in the same household in the car with them. They cannot drive between the hours of 10pm – 5am unless it is a school, work or church related activity. Restrictions don't apply if a guardian is in the car with them.
Yes! If the applicant is 16, but not yet 16 ½, they must have held their permit for a minimum of 6 months AND have a completion certificate from a Service Oklahoma certified drivers ed school or parent taught program. If it's a parent taught program, the certificate of completion MUST include a control number on it starting with the letter N. If the applicant is 16 ½ or older, they don't have to have a drivers ed completion certificate, but they still must have held their permit for at least 6 months with no wrecks or tickets. If the applicant is over 18 years old, they must have held their permit for a minimum of 30 days.
Monday-Friday 10am - 2pm
Saturday's 8am - 1pm